Friday 10 June 2011

What is this all about then?

.........a long time ambition of mine is to spend a (relaxing??) fortnight walking Wainwright's Coast to Coast walk. This walk is approximately 190 miles, but according to a recent re-measuring the real distance is almost 220. The route of the walk passes through some of England's most beautiful and wild countryside, crossing the Pennines and three National Parks: The Lake District, The Yorkshire Dales National Park, and the The North Yorkshire Moors.

My ambition had been to complete the walk before I reached my 50th birthday, unfortunately I have past that landmark. So, before it becomes an impossible dream I've decided to give it a go. Nicky and Chris, my two offspring, will be my companions for the adventure. During the expedition we will have the help and support of their mother and my fiancée. More of how will probably come to light later in the blog.

The training has not gone fully to plan but I have completed in excess of 200 miles during the last three months. This is probably not enough and it has brought to my attention issues with joints.

We will be starting from St. Bees on Monday 13th June hoping to reach Robin Hoods Bay on Sunday 26th. During the walk I will try and post photos along the way and make brief diary entries in the evening (that is if I have reception for my phone).

Watch this space................

No comments:

Post a Comment